Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Uses 'Security' Updates to Promote Agenda

On Wed, 23 May 2007 08:34:58 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft's Mo' Ice
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Something stinks in Redmond, and it's yesterday's Microsoft Security
>| Advisory #937696. I hate when Microsoft uses--or appears to--security
>| as an excuse to accomplish some other objective.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| Sorry, but I see MOICE and so-called security concerns about Office
>| binary files as a Trojan Horse for OOXML, which its own Trojan Horse.
>| As I explained on Thursday, OOXML is much more than a file format.
>| Microsoft has platform ambitions for OOXML, as the company seeks to
>| advance business intelligence and other initiatives.
> `----
>
> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/business_applications/microsofts_mo_ice.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
> http://tinyurl.com/28tjeq

And, if you read the comments, you would realize that the author
effectively "Mea Culpa's" and admits he didn't know what he was talking
about.

A Microsoft employee explains the rationale behind the product, and Joe
agrees that it makes sense, but since he refused to accept Microsoft's
official reply (by his own admission) when they offered it, he went with
his own assumptions which turned out to be inaccurate.

But, I suppose you can't be bothered to read the whole page, you are, after
all, merely a bot.