[News] [Linux] Virtualisation to Take Off Soon

Virtualisation's full potential not realised yet, says Gartner

,----[ Quote ]
| Speaking at Gartner?s recent infrastructure, operations and datacentre
| summit in Sydney, Bittman said the number of virtual machines will
| rise from 500,000 to three million by 2009.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/mgmt/F60BA52132DAFA18CC2572DF0010510F

Recent:

Knoppix offers OpenVZ virtualization test drive

,----[ Quote ]
| Using a specially equipped Knoppix Linux 5.5.1 bootable CD, companies
| looking to see how server virtualization might fit into their IT plans
| can now run OpenVZ virtualization software instead of having to
| install and configure the full program.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9019138&source=rss_news50

Related:

The Year of Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that Windows will continue to succumb to Linux in the data
| center, MySQL and Postgres will continue to win projects that once
| fell to Oracle and DB/2.
`----

http://virtualization.sys-con.com/read/162110_p.htm

Virtualization: Linux's killer app