Re: [News] Linux-based Nokia Tablet Gets a High Score, Another Linux PDA Gets Better

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 10 November 2007 20:33 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 10 November 2007 12:31 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> I had a play with a prototype N810 recently, and it is very very good
>>> :-)
>>
>> I pretty much stopped using my PDA. I only use it as a clock, among a few
>> other things. Nothing beats beastie PCs -- for now.
>>

> Ah, I do a tremendous amount of travelling, and I no longer take a
> laptop PC with me, just an N800 and a bluetooth keyboard.  The N800
> shares the same PSU as my phone, too.
>
> It has hours of MP3s on it, whatever videos I feel like watching,
> several books, many games of all kinds, plus the web-access to work
> email is great, and it can connect to the net using GPRS or UMTS via
> bluetooth and my phone, or using wifi directly.
>
> It fits in my pocket, and it's pretty much all I need.

I guess it's really a matter of lifestyle, so I missed the key point there.
Travelling changes a lot, for starters.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Partition if an operating $ysteM must be set aside