[News] US Navy Carried on Choosing Free Open Source Software

  • Subject: [News] US Navy Carried on Choosing Free Open Source Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 10:10:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
US Navy acquisitions site uses open source CMS

,----[ Quote ]
| Minor hadn't used open source software extensively, so she commissioned a
| research project. "We did a full-fledged market research study on open source
| CMS products. We called out a list of 28, and did a complete analysis based
| on our requirements and the Navy's needs.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/120870

Related:

Lockheed Martin Purchased Over $1 Million of Concurrent's RedHawk Real-Time
Linux for U.S. Navy Next Generation Aegis Weapon System

,----[ Quote ]
| Concurrent's NightStar for RedHawk Linux is a powerful, integrated tool set
| for developing time-critical applications. NightStar tools run with minimal
| intrusion,
`----

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070926005090&newsLang=en

Concurrent to Supply Real-Time Linux Solution to the U.S. Navy for Missile
Simulator Development

,----[ Quote ]
| The simulator will be used to determine the effectiveness of Navy and Marine
| Corps aircraft countermeasure systems that protect the aircraft from hostile
| missiles.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/9914.html

Navy CIO 'recognizes the importance of OSS to the warfighter'

,----[ Quote ]
| John Weathersby, executive director of the Open Source Software
| Institute, told Linux.com today that, effective immediately, the
| Department of the Navy has adopted a new policy which requires that
| open source software must be considered in every software
| acquisition the Navy makes.

Raytheon Sails Into Battle With Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Among its major capabilities, TSCEI 4.0 supports IBM blade server
| processors running the Red Hat Linux operating system. It is the first of
| four planned increments supporting DDG 1000 Release 4 software.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Linux/Raytheon_Sails_Into_Battle_With_Linux

Linux helps Navy keep high-tech weapon system updated

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.manufacturing.net/ctl/article/CA6368771.html