[News] Review of Fedora 8, More Screenshots

  • Subject: [News] Review of Fedora 8, More Screenshots
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 08:05:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Red Hat's Fedora 8 hope: An all-purpose Linux foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| The ability to "re-spin" Fedora is attracting some interest. Among the
| Fedora-based variations that will be available are one for gaming, one for
| designing microprocessors, and one for programmers.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9813113-39.html

Fedora 8 Screenshots

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=Fedora%208
http://tinyurl.com/2pokc6

Related:

An old hat with new tricks: Fedora 8 officially released

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been experimenting with Fedora 8 test 3, and I like what I see. This is
| a nice release with a pretty sweet assortment of features that you won't find
| anywhere else. Fedora still manages to differentiate itself and rise above
| many other contenders by delivering early access to new technologies.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071108-an-old-hat-with-new-tricks-fedora-8-officially-released.html

A peek at Red Hat's Fedora 8 Linux [Screenshots tour]

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Fedora 8 version of Linux is set to debut Thursday, the latest
| version of a product line geared for enthusiasts, programmers, and Linux
| users who want to get a taste of what's to come in the supported Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux.
`----

http://www.news.com/2300-1016_3-6217482-1.html

Fedora 8 Live Desktop [screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 8 (codenamed Werewolf) is finally being released this morning.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=907&num=1

New Display Tool Coming In Fedora 9

,----[ Quote ]
| There's less than two weeks now until the release of Fedora 8, which has been
| codenamed Werewolf. However, it's not too early to start thinking about
| Fedora 9.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjE1NQ

Fedora 9 features list unveiled