[News] Sun Releases New Build of Its 'Linux Killer'

  • Subject: [News] Sun Releases New Build of Its 'Linux Killer'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 07:14:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

,----[ Quote ]
| Please find the links to SXCE Build 76 at
|
| http://www.opensolaris.org/os/downloads/on/
`----

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=173641&tstart=0#173641

NexentaOS: Gnu OpenSolaris

,----[ Quote ]
| Just add any of them to /etc/apt/sources.list and run the sudo apt-get update
| will do, debian/ubuntu users will find this familiar. Till now I haven't
| really look at the exciting features such as dtrace and zfs in NexentaOS
| while I have FreeBSD 7.0 Beta 1.5 installed for zfs testing, I'm looking
| forward to try them out when I have time.
`----

http://geek00l.blogspot.com/2007/11/nexentaos-gnu-opensolaris.html

Sun eyes consumer focus for upcoming Java kit

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun is working on a long list of potential features for the planned JDK (Java
| Development Kit) 7, which is based partially on the upcoming Java Standard
| Edition (SE) 7.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20071108/tc_infoworld/93260

Related:

Morton: no merging of OpenSolaris with Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Don’t expect to see key features of OpenSolaris showing up in the Linux
| kernel, said a top  Linux maintainer.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1295

Sun's 'Project Copy Linux' not a Linux copy

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/29/sun_projectindiana_oscon/