[News] Apple's Broken Release Opens Doors to Linux?

  • Subject: [News] Apple's Broken Release Opens Doors to Linux?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:12:35 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Rotten Apple: Leopard

,----[ Quote ]
| Opinion: Apple's latest operating system release may be the most troublesome
| since Apple switched from its System operating system to the BSD Unix and
| Mach-based Mac OS X.

Apple fixes some Leopard Time Machine bugs

,----[ Quote ]
| Scores of users flooded the Apple site complaining that the Time Machine
| stalled after saving as little as 10GB or as much as 90 per cent of the
| entire data set.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/07/apple-fixes-leopard-timemachine

Two proprietary software vendors are having the same issues. Suddenly Linux
seems like a good idea.

Related:

Massive Data Loss Bug in Leopard

,----[ Quote ]
| Aaaand … poof!
|
| The directory on our Desktop is now gone. The directory shown in the C$ mount
| will only contain files that were copied entirely before the connection was
| disrupted, but nothing more (in the demonstration case, there’s only one file
| in "test", so nothing was copied successfully).
|
| [...]
|
| Where’s the rest of our data?
|
| Apple, please FTFF already. This is unacceptable.
`----

http://tomkarpik.com/articles/massive-data-loss-bug-in-leopard/

Leopard early adopters suffer for the rest of us

,----[ Quote ]
| Mac OS X 10.5.1 will likely arrive around Thanksgiving with fixes for most of
| the problems encountered by the brave early adopters.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13579_3-9809571-37.html

Some Leopard upgraders see 'blue screen of death'

,----[ Quote ]
| A significant number of Mac owners upgrading to Leopard on Friday reported
| that after installing the new operating system, their machines locked up,
| showing only an interminable -- and very Windows-like -- "blue screen of
| death."
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=printArticleBasic&articleId=9044378

New iMacs plagued by interface freezing issues

,----[ Quote ]
| A growing number of users have reported that Apple's aluminum all-in-one
| computers suffer from a flaw that locks up the interface, rendering the
| system all but inert until a reboot.
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/10/03/new_imacs_plagued_by_interface_freezing_issues.html

Apple Arrogance Unleashed!