Re: [News] BBC Humiliated After Insulting Linux with Bald-face Lies

____/ Sharyn Wood on Wednesday 07 November 2007 11:57 : \____

http://www.tech.co.uk/computing/internet-and-broadband/news/bbc-not-in-bed-with-bill-gates-over-iplayer?articleid=36522951

> [Quote]
> And as for the battle with the Open Source Consortium? "The 12 people
> who demonstrated outside our offices have every right to demonstrate,"
> says Ashfield. "But I think 'the 12 people' says it all."
>
> Highfield used the numbers of non-Windows users visiting bbc.co.uk as
> justification for the corporation's XP-only release. "We have 17.1
> million users of bbc.co.uk in the UK and, as far as our server logs can
> make out, 5 per cent of those [use Macs] and around 400 to 600 are Linux
> users."
> [/quote]

For that *LIE* Highfield boy got slammed as well.

*plonk* new nym. New ISP, eh? They kicked you out.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #ff0000 Hot Chilli Peppers
Cpu(s): 27.1%us,  4.5%sy,  1.0%ni, 63.1%id,  4.0%wa,  0.2%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st