[News] Pictures of OLPC Production and Access Linux Platform (ALP)

  • Subject: [News] Pictures of OLPC Production and Access Linux Platform (ALP)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 01:07:51 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
OLPC rolls off the production line

,----[ Quote ]
| Here, for the first time, are pictures of the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC)
| coming off the production line at the Quantas factory in China.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1862

Access Linux Platform (ALP) First Thoughts

,----[ Quote ]
| Like its rival being developed by Palm, Inc., ALP (Access Linux Platform) is
| a Linux-based operating system for smartphones capable of running Palm OS
| applications.
|
| Access Systems (formerly PalmSource) is in the process of trying to drum up
| interest among potential ALP licensees, and couple of people from the
| company -- Albert Chu and Brian Purdy -- gave me a demonstration.
`----

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13471

Related:

'$100 laptop' production begins

,----[ Quote ]
| Hardware suppliers have been given the green light to ramp-up production of
| all of the components needed to build millions of the low-cost machines.
| Previously, the organisation behind the scheme said that it required orders
| for 3m laptops to make production viable. The first machines should be ready
| to put into the hands of children in developing countries in October 2007.

OLPC and Intel bury the hatchet--for the children

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6196629.html