[News] Sun and Google Find Coexistence and Harmony in Linux

  • Subject: [News] Sun and Google Find Coexistence and Harmony in Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 07:21:10 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
What Sun's OpenSolaris Means For Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| That doesn't mean everyone now running Linux is going to flee the comforts of
| their Dell Ubuntu desktops (or their servers) and embrace a Sun box. It does
| mean, though, that Solaris ought to become as important and disciplined a
| force in the open-source community as folks like Red Hat and SuSE have been—
| and, arguably, even more so.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20071106/tc_cmp/202802683

LiMo Foundation Welcomes Google’s Mobile Initiative

| The LiMo Foundation today issued a statement from Executive Director Morgan
| Gillis and Chairman Kiyohito Nagata in regard to Google’s mobile initiative
| announcement.
|
| “The LiMo Foundation welcomes the news of Google’s mobile initiative. We
| believe Google’s entry into the mobile industry and the launch of the Open
| Handset Alliance further validate mobile Linux as the foundation technology
| enabling convergence within and beyond mobile,” said Morgan Gillis.
`----

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20071105006382&newsLang=en
http://tinyurl.com/2qpfhk

Despite this announcement, the anti-Linux propaganda people already
yell "fragmentation" and "yet another alliance". Surely they haven't enquired
or spoken to LiMo. They just spread FUD. In the NYT, readers are furious and
some unsubscribe because the paper spread clueless anti-Google and anti-open
source FUD. Utter lies. Amazing considering the fact that it's NYT, so maybe
Microsoft is already pulling strings. Nervousness.