[News] New Mini PC Comes with Debian GNU/Linux Installed

  • Subject: [News] New Mini PC Comes with Debian GNU/Linux Installed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 05:39:10 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Debian powers sleek, two-pound mini-PC

,----[ Quote ]
| German Web retailer Manufactum has introduced a sleek, low power mini-PC that
| runs Debian Linux. The 450-Euro Manuscriptum is based on a 500MHz AMD Geode
| LX800, is equipped with an 80GB hard drive, and offers 1920 x 1400 graphics,
| according to the company.

Debian and the grass roots of Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Debian GNU/Linux was the first project to be deliberately modelled on the
| principles of distributed software development, and provides the core
| software for many of the more successful commercial Linux distributions.
| Though Debian does not have the high profile of other Linux distributions the
| commercial success of Linux may owe more to the Debian community than
| advocates of Linux in the enterprise are ever likely to acknowledge...
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/applications/features/135084/debian-and-the-grass-roots-of-linux.html

Related:

Ministry of Education from Brazil is buying 90,000 Debian GNU Linux computers

,----[ Quote ]
| All computers will be installed at 9000 brazilian schools.
`----

http://www.techforce.com.br/index.php/news/linux_blog/mec_buying_90000_debian_computers

Linux: The Little Operating System That Really Can

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/eldergeek/2007/10/28/linux-the-little-operating-system-that-really-can/