[News] [Rival] Vista: 6 Years for an "Expansion Pack"?

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista: 6 Years for an "Expansion Pack"?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 00:26:36 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why Vista should have been an expansion pack

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows Vista has been out for almost a year now; either hated or loved by
| many. Not even Windows ME made Microsoft offer costumers a “downgrade” to
| Windows XP.
|
| [...]
|
| This brings me to the point of this discussion/rant. Why do we get forced to
| buy this crap? I want an operating system not a software package. Put the
| whole visual package in “Fancy Windows 2007 , security programs in “Be Safe
| With Popups 2007 and the games in “Mac Ripoff 2007. Lets see how many people
| would buy your overpriced bloatware? Exactly, not many. That’s why MS uses
| it’s monopoly to shove it down your throat with their windows packages, like
| it or not.
`----

http://reverzed.com/wordpress/2007/11/05/why-vista-should-have-been-an-expansion-pack/

Related:

An Open Letter to Microsoft: Re-Release Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/18428/an-open-letter-to-microsoft-re-release-windows-xp