[News] Fedora Linux Impresses American Daily Editor

  • Subject: [News] Fedora Linux Impresses American Daily Editor
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 08:05:06 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Computer Stuff

,----[ Quote ]
| Today just for grins, I loaded a computer with Fedora Linux 7 and was very
| pleasantly surprised.
|
| Except for a very minor issue with my Network Card (NIC), it just plain
| installed and worked!
|
| In a couple of days, Fedora Linux 8 will be released and I anticipate it will
| migrate with minimal effort.
|
| Over the last few years, I tried various Linux systems and this has been by
| far the most pleasant experience. (Fedora 6 included).
`----

http://www.americandaily.com/article/20822

Related:

New Display Tool Coming In Fedora 9

,----[ Quote ]
| There's less than two weeks now until the release of Fedora 8, which has been
| codenamed Werewolf. However, it's not too early to start thinking about
| Fedora 9.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjE1NQ

What's New in Fedora 8?

,----[ Quote ]
| Spins are Fedora Live CDs that are created to serve a certain number of
| people. It does so by having the applications that those people would need,
| in other words, it saves them the time to install these software.
|
| There are three new spins shipped with Fedora 8: Games; Developer; and
| Electronic Lab.
`----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/ReleaseSummary/

Fedora 8 renews tradition of innovations

,----[ Quote ]
| This release makes it obvious that the Fedora community prides itself on
| innovation.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119998

Fedora 8 Test 3 [Screenshots]

,----[ Quote ]
| There's still a month until the final release of Fedora 8, but Fedora 8 Test
| 3 is now available, which has a wealth of a new features. Among these new
| features is an Online Desktop powered via BigBoard, KDE 3.5.7 can be found on
| the KDE Live images, improved Live installations, improved yum performance
| for package management, IcedTea is now installed by default, CodecBuddy has
| been included for handling codecs, and improved power management.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=868&num=1

Fedora 8 Test 3 - Visual impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| Some screenshots from Fedora 8 Test 3 with Infinity.
`----

http://fabaff.blogspot.com/2007/10/fedora-8-test-3-visual-impressions.html

Announcing Fedora 8 Test 3 (7.92)!

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 8 Test 3 is here! This is the last test release before the
| development freeze and a great time to test all those packages that you
| know and love.
`----

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2007-October/msg00001.html

Fedora 8 with NetworkManager 0.7 and KDE 4 development/runtime environment

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora development branch got a set of new packages: NetworkManager was
| updated to a development snapshot of version 0.7, and KDE 4 base packages
| found their way into the repository.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/09/23/fedora-8-with-networkmanager-07-and-kde-4-developmentruntime-environment/

ReviewLinux.Com: Quick Look at the New Fedora Core 8

,----[ Quote ]
| We decided to have a quick look at the new Fedora Core 8. With its GNOME
| Desktop we found this distribution easy to install. Check out our short Flash
| Video about Fedora Core 8!
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php?m=show&id=7017

Fedora Electronics Lab