COLA Stats: Saturday the 3rd of November, 2007.

  • Subject: COLA Stats: Saturday the 3rd of November, 2007.
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 07:41:07 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.25

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.

This report covers 1475 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     427 1137811    12%
   2. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                            94   99250    20%
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 73 1036524     7%
   4. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   56   42084    57%
   5. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   52  129362    58%
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      50   65610    79%
   7. Scott [Nudds] Douglas [nyms] - Looney Troll       48   90129    63%
   8. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>         46   18816    17%
   9. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                       41   27591    52%
  10. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>               40  157703    16%
  11. Ewik FUDenbusch                                   37   43873    55%
  12. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>               29   46143    75%
  13. Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist              28   41553    71%
  14. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                27   27508    37%
      flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee             27   38322    59%
  16. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                            26   40859    82%
      skydweller <homeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                26   54857    63%
  18. amicus_curious - Troll                            25   33201    59%
  19. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    23   13787    63%
  20. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        22   26574    72%
  21. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                              20   15132    53%
  22. flatfish - Mental-Ward Escapee                    18   35118    52%
      Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                           18   23034    75%
  24. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxx>                   15   19586    73%
  25. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.   14   43546    32%
  26. snit - Ridiculous MAC Troll                       13   20430    68%
  27. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>               11   21853    66%
  28. Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     10    5428    55%
  29. OK - MS Apologist and Liar                         8    8583    80%
      Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx>              8   11627    69%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. How can I study Computer Science - but avoid Micro       59   99074
   2. Computer failure leads to chaos at Gatwick               49   57327
   3. Ballmer sabotages OLPC in Nigeria ..                     44   42790
   4. [News] ODF adoption booming                              31   53827
   5. Why picking a document format closely tied to one        30   55226
   6. [News] The MSBBC Corruption: A 'Smoking Gun'             29   52200
      Best Linux distro for this old obsolete hardware s       29   32024
   8. Will you be buying Leopard?                              28   31355
   9. [News] BECTA Pretends to Have Changed Amid Europea       27   42426
  10. Leopard Installation appears stuck on a plain blue       26   38057
  11. Vote for Linux                                           25   28430
  12. [News] Linux CLI Enhanced Even Further                   24   44811
  13. [News] PCWorld Blogs: Windows Vista Sucks                21   27874
  14. why Linux will succeed on the Desktop                    20   43982
      Bill Gates: Formerly a Threat to Business, Now to        20   29581
      Have I missed much?                                      20   22287
  17. Schools warned off Microsoft deal ..                     17   21433
  18. [News] [Rival] Apple's Leopard Lacks Polish... Get       16   25941
  19. Trick! Windows Pista is failing                          15   29147
  20. [News] Another Win for GPLv3                             14   14074
      [News] More Questions Raised About Mono's Agenda         14   13259
      Lying Snit                                               14   27642
  23. 150,000 low cost laptops sold to children in Libya       13   30161
  24. [News] [Rival] Crysis Alleged "Fraud" -- Marketing       12   16528
      [News] Nigeria Orders Linux Laptops for Education        12   24667
      One laptop per child.                                    12   11722
      Linux CLI Enhanced Even Further                          12   11031
  28. Once again.  Why do we want windows users?               11   33109
      Vista sales slow to a trickle                            11   18998
      Downsize Microsoft                                       11   14202
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    152
   2. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           73
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                65
   4. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        50
   5. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     45
   6. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  38
      Ewik FUDenbusch                                                  38
   8. DooFy - Money-Obsessed Goon                                      34
   9. Scott [Nudds] Douglas [nyms] - Looney Troll                      33
  10. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         32
  11. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              31
  12. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              27
  13. flatfish [nyms] - Mental-Ward Escapee                            26
  14. Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist                             20
  15. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       19
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   19
      amicus_curious - Troll                                           19
      skydweller <homeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               19
  19. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           18
      Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                               18
  21. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             17
  22. Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                                          16
  23. Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    12
  24. flatfish - Mental-Ward Escapee                                   11
      OK - MS Apologist and Liar                                       11
      Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            11
  27. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  10
  28. finbarr2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <finbarr2008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           9
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>           9
  30. snit - Ridiculous MAC Troll                                       8
Toplist of Troll Feeders [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                     Msgs   %
   1. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                       18  69
      Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              18  32
   3. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                          17  59
   4. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 15  30
      Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    15  33
   6. skydweller <homeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           14  54
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     14  27
   8. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                   11  50
      spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                         11  55
  10. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               10  43
      Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                 10   2
  12. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                           8  20
  13. flatfish - Mental-Ward Escapee                                7  39
      Kier - Troll and Microsoft apologist                          7  25
  15. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                        6   6
      Scott [Nudds] Douglas [nyms] - Looney Troll                   6  13
  17. Timmy 'Funkenbusch Wannabee' Smith                            5  19
  18. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                           4  36
      High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       4  29
      Hardon Quirk - Imbecile                                       4  22
      Ewik FUDenbusch                                               4  11
  22. amicus_curious - Troll                                        3  12
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                          3  75
  24. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                             2   3
      snit - Ridiculous MAC Troll                                   2  15
      nrballard@xxxxxxxxx                                           2  67
      Rich R <richard.reynolds1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        2  67
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxx>                               2  13
      BearItAll                                                     2  29
      OK - MS Apologist and Liar                                    2  25
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [3]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    139
   2. Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    74
   3. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                73
   4. [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx>                                           71
   5. Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        67
   6. Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx>                            64
   7. Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              62
   8. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          53
   9. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         52
  10. ray <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>                                             51
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxx>                                  51
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                          51
  13. alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                      50
  14. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  49
  15. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                              41
      Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     41
  17. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   36
  18. spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             35
  19. skydweller <homeguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                               34
  20. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       32
  21. Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx>                              27
  22. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           22
Toplist of X-No-Archive Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                              1
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           584
   2. slrn                                                            230
   3. Thunderbird                                                     128
   4. Microsoft Outlook Express                                       107
   5. Pan                                                              89
      G2/1.0                                                           89
   7. XBoX 64 (NVidea GForce 3 Architecture)                           44
   8. 40tude_Dialog                                                    37
   9. MT-NewsWatcher                                                   29
  10. Microsoft Windows Mail                                           26
  11. Forte Agent                                                      25
      tin                                                              25
  13. Gnus                                                             18
  14. Microsoft-Entourage                                              13
  15. Claws Mail 2.10.0 (GTK+ 2.12.0; i486-pc-linux-gnu)                3
      Thoth                                                             3
  17. Netscape                                                          2
  18. Unison                                                            1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
      Xnews                                                             1
[1]: Posts via mail to news gateways are dropped by this server
     and hence not included in the stats (currently disabled).
     Other attention seeking posters may not appear as well.
[2]: Troll feeder %'age is (troll feeding posts / total posts) * 100
[3]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 07:39:39 up 86 days,  7:34,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00