[News] [Rival] Apple's Leopard Might be Vista 'Quality'

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple's Leopard Might be Vista 'Quality'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 04:11:47 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Leopard early adopters suffer for the rest of us

,----[ Quote ]
| Mac OS X 10.5.1 will likely arrive around Thanksgiving with fixes for most of
| the problems encountered by the brave early adopters.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13579_3-9809571-37.html

Sounds like Apple keeps 'pulling Vistas', even long after OS 10.0 and OS 10.1.
Sicn Linux hasn't a PR department, they try to convince everyone that Linux
is 'buggy' (and some people buy that FUD).

Apple's new server supports virtualisation, which might be good news to Linux.

It's not Apple bashing as much as it is a reminder that Linux polish is high,
even compared to 'almighty' Empire of Jobs. :-)

Related:

Some Leopard upgraders see 'blue screen of death'

,----[ Quote ]
| A significant number of Mac owners upgrading to Leopard on Friday reported
| that after installing the new operating system, their machines locked up,
| showing only an interminable -- and very Windows-like -- "blue screen of
| death."
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=printArticleBasic&articleId=9044378

New iMacs plagued by interface freezing issues

,----[ Quote ]
| A growing number of users have reported that Apple's aluminum all-in-one
| computers suffer from a flaw that locks up the interface, rendering the
| system all but inert until a reboot.
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/10/03/new_imacs_plagued_by_interface_freezing_issues.html

Apple Arrogance Unleashed!