[News] Video Demo of the Linux-based Asus Eee, Another Review

  • Subject: [News] Video Demo of the Linux-based Asus Eee, Another Review
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 00:12:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[Video] Up close with the Eee PC user interface - part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Asus has done an excellent job of designing software that makes the hardware
| as easy to use as possible. The Eee PC runs a custom version of Xandros
| Linux. The operating system and preloaded applications take up a good 62% of
| the unit's memory, but you probably weren't going to use the Eee PC for
| downloading and storing huge video files anyway.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/11/02/up-close-with-the-eee-pc-user-interface-part-1/

Watch the video. The Xandros Traitors even use Windows XP artwork. What on
earth is this needed for? Asus needs a different distro that contains KDE.

Here is an article that appears to omit the presence of Xandros.

Asus Eee PC Full Retail Review Showcase

,----[ Quote ]
| In the pages ahead, we'll give you a detailed technical view of the new Asus
| Eee PC and show you that in fact, the product, with its custom KDE equipped
| Linux-based OS, is currently in a class by itself.
`----

http://www.hothardware.com/articles/Asus%5FEee%5FPC%5FFull%5FRetail%5FReview%5FShowcase/

Related:

Asus Eee PC 701