Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Squeezes People Even Harder to Please Shareholders

____/ 7 on Thursday 01 November 2007 08:17 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft continues pursuit of software pirates
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Wednesday's moves are part of Microsoft's Genuine Software Initiative
>> | (GSI), which the company launched in July 2005 to prevent pirated and
>> | counterfeited versions of Microsoft software being sold to users.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20071031/tc_infoworld/93027
>>
>> "Arrr...."
>>
>> Microsoft calls "pirates" the very same people which it tries to get
>> addicted and wants to 'steal' their software. Bloody, greedy hypocrites.
>> The only "thief" is Microsoft, just like the record companies that rob and
>> rape the artists, to quote the artists themselves.
>
> Its a lot worse than that now for the music and film industry.
> They are one of the biggest industries that profit from immoral earnings.

Immoral is a subjective thing. To them, money if often the best thing they can
value. Some people believe that the more money they make, the more they help
society as a whole (no matter how the money is made).

> A large part of their revenue is from drug addicted artists and stars.

That's a wholly separate story.

> They are living off immoral earnings.

Other people's talent. The wealth of the middleman....

> Doing drugs is where many cheating artists get their so called talent.
> Without it they are deflated into ordinary mortals.
> Instead of profiting from drug addicted artists, the music
> and film industry have a duty
> to remove from all shelves anyone who has taken drugs to get into the
> film and music industry. Just like drug taking athletes that are removed
> from competing because they are cheats,

That's an issue that pisses me of a lot actually. I'm competing in some sports
and other people are cheating with testosterone boosters and all sorts of
sh*t. I never touched any drugs myself, so I can be left behind despite hard
work.

Others tell me that  the Olympic Games rely on people keeping breaking records
(good for ratings and revenue), so they turn a blind eye to the issue. And
then you have that idiot Governor Bain in CA telling people not to do drugs
when he actually made his whole career out of steroids and 5 braincells...

Oh, by the way, Jim Davidson (the comedian) was at the gym today running in the
treadmill right next to mine.

> the music and film industry have a duty
> to remove from their shelves drug taking artists and their material
> or find themselves accused of profiting from immoral earnings.

IMHO, for all their sins, they can be punished most effectively by losing
control the the artists. Some like Radiohead will step out and away. We, as
customers, need to support those who stand up for change by paying for their
music. That would knock the MPAA/RIAA off balance and make middlemen
redundant... as they /should/ be.

<snip cruft, but thanks for leaving it in tact, 7>

Roy S. Schestowitz    The Holy Bible: http://www.gtk.org/documentation.html
Cpu(s): 28.6%us,  4.7%sy,  1.0%ni, 61.8%id,  3.5%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st