[News] Embedded Linux Seems to be Thriving, Linux Business Expands

  • Subject: [News] Embedded Linux Seems to be Thriving, Linux Business Expands
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 05:03:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MontaVista(R) Software Acquires Korean Company to Expand Embedded Linux(R)
Sales and Services in Korea

,----[ Quote ]
| "We are impressed by the rapid growth in the number of Korean companies that
| have selected MontaVista Linux," said Tom Kelly, president and CEO of
| MontaVista Software. "We expect to sign more than 50 agreements with 30
| different Korean companies this year alone. We are making this investment to
| build closer relationships with our Korean customers, and with the markets
| they help drive."
`----

http://au.biz.yahoo.com/071101/43/1gtoe.html

Also in the embedded Linux news:

MicroTCA minions connect in Munich

,----[ Quote ]
| Both MTCA and ATCA define standardized, open architectures for affordable
| telecommunication hardware based on modular, off-the-shelf components
| available from multiple vendors. And, both tend to be used with Linux, since
| Linux is also an open standard delivered off-the-shelf and targeted at
| telecom applications by multiple vendors, including Red Hat, MontaVista,
| Asianux, and Wind River, most of whom provide Carrier Grade Linux
| distributions.

Telecom DSPs gain Linux virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| The company has ported its VLX-NI virtualization layer and Linux kernel for
| network infrastructure equipment to Texas Instruments DSPs used in base
| stations and other networking data-plane applications.

MontaVista expands in U.K. and Ireland

,----[ Quote ]
| MontaVista, one of the leading vendors of embedded Linux OSes and tools,
| claims its software has been deployed in over 45 million devices.

Linux loyalty runs high among embedded software developers, says VDC

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking ahead, 87% percent of Linux users plan to use Linux in their next
| project. In both cases, use of free distributions outnumbered use of paid
| distributions by a sizable margin.
`----

http://software.tekrati.com/research/9436/

Linux to grow 278% in embedded/mobile/real-time apps

,----[ Quote ]