Re: [News] Server Goes Off the Desktop, Prices to Fall

____/ BearItAll on Tuesday 20 November 2007 08:52 : \____

http://www.news.com/Software-licensing-costs-predicted-to-fall/2100-1011_3-6219263.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

> I think he is being a bit timid there, it could well be much more than a 1/4
> by then.

That's just what I thought as well. I wonder who paid for that 'study'.
Microsoft does a huge deal of business with Gartner, among a few
other 'analysts' (aka "coin-in-the-slot
pay-us-to-prove-what-you-want-to-believe).

Roy S. Schestowitz     | No Makefile, no business
Tasks: 132 total,   1 running, 129 sleeping,   1 stopped,   1 zombie