[News] [Rival] Microsoft Support Still a Nightmare, Inquirer Furious

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Support Still a Nightmare, Inquirer Furious
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:30:21 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft screws up INQ's Xbox 360 repair

,----[ Quote ]
| Shortly after our Xbox 360 went to the mass-grave of RROD failures, when
| playing the mediocre Halo 3, we sent it off to Microsoft for our free repair.
|
| [...]
|
| Secondly we noticed our beloved chrome DVD tray had disappeared in favour of
| an original off-white plastic plate. The swines!
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft, if you're reading this, please return our items as soon as
| possible.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/20/microsoft-screws-inq-xbox-360

Related:

Xbox Technical Support is Atrocious

,----[ Quote ]
| I was greeted with a horrible error screen which took me about ten
| minutes of googling to figure out that my hard-drive was DOA. Fine.
| You know what, I was not a happy person, but this sort of stuff
| happens. I call up the nice people at Xbox Technical support to
| see if this problem can be remedied. The first person on the phone
| always seems to not be able to help you. I obviously knew I was
| going to have to send this hard-drive back to Microsoft -- I didn't
| have a problem with that -- my problem was *PAYING* for sending
| this hard-drive back to Microsoft after paying over *four hundred
| dollars* on their hardware. After arguing with not only the first
| person on the phone but the manager he took it upon himself to
| *HANG UP* on me after refusing to give me his name or transfer
| me to his manager.
`----

http://forums.xbox.com/11144583/ShowPost.aspx

Another Xbox Support Nightmare

,----[ Quote ]
| We seem to be receiving an increasing number of horror stories from
| Xbox 360 owners who have had to call Microsoft's Bangalore-based
| tech support call center. When your reason for calling is a
| bricked console, one would think it would be a painless and
| quick procedure to get the thing replaced or repaired.
| Apparently not the case, according to Brent from Consumerist.com
`----

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10875/

Gears of War disc errors - why the hell is no one covering this?

,----[ Quote ]
| So, we're all just 'unlucky' Mark? Thanks for that. I'm happy for you
| and your console, but what about us? Where are we supposed to turn to
| for help and support? Microsoft wasn't very helpful (ref #102-379-2964)
| any of the times I've called them (I think it's up to three now for the
| same issue - perhaps I'll call again today and check on an update).
|
| All I know is that if I see that dreaded error message again on my new
| 360 I am going to go absolutely ballistic!!!
`----

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7626298&publicUserId=5551391

Xbox 360s Still Dying, Customer Service Still Crap

,----[ Quote ]
| "They'll handle everything, they're great. They'll even pay for shipping
| and Fed-Ex it for you. That's what they did for my systems (yes, plural)
| when they died."
`----

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-360/xbox-360s-still-dying-customer-service-still-crap-222843.php

MS faces lawsuit over alleged Xbox 360 disc damage

,----[ Quote ]
| A European lawyer has threatened to initiate legal action against
| Microsoft in the light of complaints from 800 Xbox 360 customers
| that their discs have been scratched by the console's DVD drive.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/03/05/euro_class_action_against_xbox/

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against MS For Bricked 360s

,----[ Quote ]
| According to Gamespot, the suit seeks a minimum of $10 million in
| damages, depending on how MS decides to defend itself.
`----

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/law/class-action-lawsuit-filed-against-ms-for-bricked-360s-220250.php

Numerous Reports, November 30 Xbox 360 Update Is Bricking Consoles

,----[ Quote ]
| Some consoles are being bricked by Thursday's dashboard update.
| Issues range from freezing, red ring of death and VGA adapterm
| alfunction. Microsoft isn't acknowledging the issue and billing
| $140 for repairs.
`----

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Numerous_Reports_November_30_Xbox_360_Update_Is_Bricking_Consoles

Update brick your 360? Speak up

,----[ Quote ]
| Since yesterday's update, there are numerous reports about 360s
| being bricked. Some people suspect that this is being done by
| Microsoft intentionally to stop modders and hackers. Xbox Scene
| thinks it has more to do with certain combinations of hardware
| and firmware.
`----

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2006/11/01/update-brick-your-360-speak-up/

Autoupdate killed my 360!

,----[ Quote ]
| I was fine yesterday gaming with the VGA cable but after getting
| the autoupdate today, I get a black screen. Does Microsoft test
| these things? My connection to the TV didn't change yet its
| screwed. Thanks for nothing Microsoft.
`----

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=489979

So my cousin from Microsoft called

,----[ Quote ]
| Erhmm... My cousin just called who works for Microsoft and was on the
| xbox 360 team. He said first generation xbox 360's are having a SERIOUS
| over heating issue and they might be recalled sometime next week. The
| recall is being considered because the overheating can cause a short,
| resulting in a fire.
`----

http://chris.instantspot.com/blog/index.cfm/2006/11/24/So-my-cousin-from-Microsoft-called

Gamers Say Microsoft Understates Xbox Problems

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/xbox_gamers02.html