[News] Ubuntu Linux Becomes Much More Visually Attractive in Version 8.04

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Linux Becomes Much More Visually Attractive in Version 8.04
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 04:18:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Today's Screenshot: Cool Leopard-Flavored Dock for Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I just came across this nice little mock-up of an application launcher for
| Ubuntu Linux created by Brad Jensen. It incorporates the look of Mac OS X
| Leopard's dock, and it adds a system navigator and search interface which
| pops up when you click on the system icon.
|
| There's an Ubuntu Forums thread discussing Jensen's mockup. Some users think
| his dock apes Apple's dock a little too closely. While a strong visual
| resemblance is certainly there, the functionality is different.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/11/todays-screensh.html

Update: Hardy Theme Mockup Update: Hardy Theme Mockup

,----[ Quote ]
| Mockups for Ubuntu Hardy Heron.
`----

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.slyon.de%2F%3Fp%3D154&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://blog.slyon.de/?p=154

Another new derivative in the making:

Aqua Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm writing this message to search developers for a new distro Ubuntu-based.
| This distro, named Aqua Linux, will allow easy Linux use to less experienced.
| Aqua will use different software to facilitate the PC use. We, the team, want
| offer the security and stability to everybody. All software will be update
| and we wish decreasing the bugs numbers.
`----

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-news-59/aqua-linux-600892/#post2964351

Related:

Vibuntu - Incredible theme for Vista