[News] Microsoft Apologist Says Linux Will Dominate

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Apologist Says Linux Will Dominate
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:39:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux faces up to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| "In the future there will be only two worlds of software - the open and the
| closed one - and I believe that the open world of Linux will grow rapidly as
| more and more countries adopt the platform to develop software," Zemlin said.
`----

http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/11/20/technology/technology_30056714.php

Related:

Microsoft Must Earn Respect of FOSS Community

,----[ Quote ]
| Can you believe it? Given Microsoft's history of antagonism, It's hard to
| believe anyone - let alone the Linux Foundation - would call on the FOSS
| community to respect Microsoft. No, if Microsoft wants respect, they should
| get it the 'old-fashioned' way - by earning it.
|
| After Microsoft has treated our community like rogues for nearly 20 years,
| called us Communists, claimed the GPL was 'unconstitutional', hijacked our
| terminology and accused countless thousands of hackers and customers of
| violating patents without giving anyone any opportunity at all to correct
| these so-called violations, now the Executive Director at the Linux
| Foundation calls on us to respect Microsoft?
`----

http://blue-gnu.biz/node/93

Even Microsoft Can't Compete With Linux Forever

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/fullnews.asp?edid=16900