Re: Roy misrepresents yet another news story

On Nov 18, 4:09 am, Ian Hilliard <nos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tom Shelton wrote:
> > Except in this case - he is totally correct.  This had nothing at all
> > to do with MS or C#.  It had to do with a bug in their code.
>
> ...and probably the fact that the tools for checking their code are over the
> top expensive under Windows. Great tools like valgrind simply make it
> easier to write good code for Linux.
>
> Ian

Nice attempt at shifting the topic.  The fact is that Roy (and
[H]omer) both jumped on this in an attempt to make MS sound bad - when
in reality, anyone who has any understanding of the topic realizes
that just isn't the case.  You can do stupid things, even in "managed"
languages.

And as for the cost of tools - maybe.  Though, having had some
experience with Ants Profiler - it is a nice tool.  And, I don't think
the $495 for a single user license of the pro-tool, is all that much
when you consider the time and money it can save you when your trying
to get something out the door...  And in the cited case - they sure
wish they had spent the money on it, $300 - $500 (assuming a single
user license, which is probably all they would have needed) is peanuts
when compared to $2Million.

--
Tom Shelton