Re: [News] The Police Union in Germany Wants Linux, Fed up with Windows

____/ [H]omer on Monday 19 November 2007 03:21 : \____

>> Germany Police Union Wants GNU/Linux
>
> 'Until now, the German police was one of Microsoft’s "reference customers"'
>
> Not any more.
>
> Oh well.

I saw that text too and it rang a bell.

Two weeks (ish) ago:

London Stock Exchange blames outage on Infolect

,----[ Quote ]
| She said the problem appeared to lie with Infolect’s three interactive
| gateways, which send out about 10 million separate pieces of market
| information daily, including share prices, to about 100,000 terminals.
|
| Infolect was launched two years ago in place of the exchange’s London Market
| Information Link platform. It uses Microsoft .net technology and a SQL Server
| database, and runs on more than 100 Intel-based 32-bit Proliant servers.
`----

http://www.cio.co.uk/concern/security/news/index.cfm?articleid=2248&pagtype=allchantopdate

Remember those "Get the Facts" ads which brag about the  London Stock Exchange?

*LMAO*

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
Cpu(s): 25.9%us,  4.2%sy,  1.0%ni, 64.5%id,  4.0%wa,  0.2%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st