Watch a Microsoft Paid-for Apologist in Action

  • Subject: Watch a Microsoft Paid-for Apologist in Action
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 05:11:29 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
http://www.stylusstudio.com/xmldev/200709/post40020.html

Tim Bray:

,----[ Quote ]
| Rick, I can't believe that you're pushing back on the central news
| story here; this is the most corrupt and politicized standards process
| I've seen in the two decades or so I've been mixed up with standards.
| It's a real, legitimate, big, news story.
`----

Now watch Rick's reply. Who is Rick? He calls himself "independent", but
Microsoft silently paid him to edit Wikipedia in Microsoft's favour. Microsoft
also flies him around the world.

It is absolutely fascinating how Microsoft buys itself shills and apologists.
That _IN ITSELF_ is first-class corruption (never mind the OOXML corruption at
hand.