Re: Roy Schestowitz Thinks Microsoft Is Out To Get Him.

On 2007-11-17, suzie.linux@xxxxxxxxx <suzie.linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://digg.com/offbeat_news/Linux_Unix_Censorship_on_Digg_com#c10638335
>
> ""by schestowitz on 11/16/2007
> Well, something's fishy at Digg, but I can't put my finger on it.
> People auto-bury my comments and spread lies about me too (these
> people came from other sites and they hate me with passion... I know
> who they are). My stories cease to be Dugg within 1-2 hours after I
> submit them...

Hypothesis #1: a group of people who hate Roy (and are probably paid by
Microsoft) have come to Digg to bury his comments and say bad things
about him.

Predictions based on that hypothesis: average score on his comments will be
low. (Check).  People will say bad things about him.  (Depends on how
you defined bad--Roy seems to think it is bad when someone points out an
error of his, but what the hell, let's give him this one.  Check).  But
unless such a group was truly vast, it would have no effect on how long
his stories are dugg.  The diggs would not stop after a couple hours, so
no check on this one.  The hypothesis is not consistent with reality.

Let's try another one.

Hypothesis #2.  The Digg user base does not like people who post
inaccurate stories that at best consist of unfounded speculation, and at
worst are outright lies, and whose comments are often spam (same thing
posted multiple times to multiple threads) and are often off-topic, ,
and they recognize Roy as a dishonest, biased, hypocritical, jerk, and
treat his posts accordingly.

Predictions bases on that hypothesis: low average score on comments
(check).  People will say bad things about him (check).  And, after Roy
finishes digging his own stories using his other identies, and gets a
few friends to do the same, they will stop being dugg, because they are
worthless in the eyes of most (check).

A funny thing happened late last week.  For a couple days, all of Roy's
comments were short, on-topic, and actually contributed to the
discussion.  And guess what?  They were not voted down.  Roy could learn
from this, but he won't.