Re: [News] PS3 Sales Double in the US, Nintendo Has Shortage Due to Demand

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 16 November 2007 22:19 : \____

>> Price cut boosts PlayStation 3 sales
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| U.S. sales of the PlayStation 3 more than doubled in the weeks after the
>>| company slashed the video game console's price $100 and launched a low-end
>>| model, Sony Corp. CEO Howard Stringer told The Associated Press Wednesday.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071115/ap_on_hi_te/sony_playstation_sales
>>

> Interesting - weekly sales up by factor of 2.5 - pretty amazing.
>
> If you can trust the numbers, there were around 9.3 million Wiis in
> circulation last month, compared with 5 million PS3s and 11.6 million
> Xbox360s.  The Xboxes have been on sale for twice as long as the Wii and
> PS3 approximately. There are expected to be an amazing 22 million
> Wiis in circulation by March 08.  Assuming Sony's sales continue at
> their new 2.5 times rate, then whilst they would've been at about 9
> million, they will be at around 15 million by the same date.

Amazingly, even the MSBBC and MSCNN have reported this news. The sales /more/
than doubled (I only realised this later on).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
Cpu(s): 26.3%us,  4.3%sy,  1.0%ni, 64.1%id,  4.0%wa,  0.2%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st