Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Sour Grapes (and CEO's Huge Mistakes)

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:37:49 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Will the real Steve Ballmer please stand up?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | On October 1st, in an interview with the London Times, Microsoft's CEO
> | declared social networking was a fad -- the kind that appealed to
> younger | people.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Like it or not, and regardless of what Microsoft's Ballmer may really
> think, | Facebook was worth the bet.
> `----
>
> http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/why-facebook-worth-bet-microsoft/
story.aspx?guid=%7B3CA71583%2D2706%2D48A2%2D9B8D%2DB5C81D96D825%
7D&siteid=yhoof
> http://tinyurl.com/38x842
>
> Later Ballmer wonders why Google is so much ahead of Microsoft.
>
> Vista is another disaster that will cost Microsoft a lot in terms of
> control and trust.
>
> Lessons learned from Vista
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The two main problems Microsoft seems set on avoiding with the next
> version | of Windows, dubbed Windows 7, are fewer architectural changes
> to Windows | itself and more realistic release schedule. |
> | The amount of significant changes to the core OS were blamed for many
> of | Vista's delays, as well as many of the compatibility problems with
> existing | products. While Microsoft doesn't regret making these changes
> to Vista (well, | so they say), they are not making changes on that
> scale with Windows 7. `----

Windows 7?  Now there's an interesting idea.  Does this mean "7" has sold
out?  Noooo!  Windopws are dancing in the street!  Microshaft
Asstroturfers rejoice!  Ya done good, boyz!

> http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/11/14/lessons-learned-from-vista/
>
> Vista: Even the packaging needs instructions
>
> http://vistavitals.blogspot.com/2007/11/vista-even-packaging-needs-
instructions.html

> Related:
>
> Gabe Newell: DirectX 10 for Vista was a mistake
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | In an interview with heise online, Gabe Newell, president of Valve
> Software, | said that Microsoft made a terrible mistake releasing
> DirectX 10 for Vista | only and excluding Windows XP. He said this
> decision affected the whole | industry as so far only a very small
> percentage of players can use DirectX | 10.
> `----
>
> http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/94869/from/rss09
>

> Wrong spelling in Vista, LOL!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I just did a Reliability and Performance Monitor collection and Data |
> evaluation. I looked at Resource overview and noticed a spelling
> msitake, it | said Resouce Monitor.
> | Check yourselves.
> `----
>
> http://www.jcxp.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19939
>

> Old:
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I'm sure there's a whole team of UI designers, programmers, and |
> testers who worked very hard on the OFF button in Windows Vista, | but
> seriously, is this the best you could come up with? |
> | Image of the menu in Windows Vista for turning off the computer |
> | Every time you want to leave your computer, you have to choose |
> between nine, count them, nine options: two icons and seven menu |
> items.
> `----
>
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/11/21.html
>

> Why I Abandoned Windows Vista
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | As some of you may know, I'm a big Windows evangelist and was eagerly
> | looking forward to using Windows Vista. |
> | [...]
> |
> | This is Microsoft's own software and it doesn?t work with their |
> operating system. Helloooooooo! What's wrong with this picture? |
> | In the end, I've been forced to exchange my new laptop with one |
> running trusty old Windows XP. It's the only time in my life I | can
> remember not having the latest operating system and the only | time I've
> ever had to pay extra to downgrade! `----
>
> http://digiphoto.thepodcastnetwork.com/2007/03/21/why-i-abandoned-
windows-vista/

> Perspective: Why Microsoft is wrong on Vista security
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The net-net is that the user is demonstrably less safe as compared to
> | during the XP days, when security vendors could use their advanced |
> behavioral features.
> `----
>
> http://news.com.com/Why+Microsoft+is+wrong+on+Vista
+security/2010-7349_3-6123924.html

--
This message is brought to you by your Department of Redundancy Department.