Re: [News] Wal-Mart is Restocking to Address GNU/Linux Demand, Everex/gOS Review from Google's Cutts

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, HangEveryRepubliKKKan
<Justice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:12:07 -0800
<8D2%i.14334$xa2.2934@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
>> Wal-Mart Plans To Restock Hot-Selling Linux PC
>
> It's a great value.  Take it home for $200.  Wipe the drive
> and install Windows.

Home Basic:  $199.00 suggested retail, $44.99 or $49.99 eBay
Home Premium: $239.00 suggested, $99.99 eBay
Ultimate: $399.99 suggested, $189.00 eBay

All eBay prices are for the full product and are
approximate, as there are a large number of entries;
I'm trying to restrict search to the bigger suppliers.
There's also the issue as to whether the computer is
Ultimate-capable or even Premium-capable, as a Wal-Mart
$200 cheapie isn't going to have an ultra-pricey display
or audio setup.

It turns out they're out of
stock of the Everex TC2502 anyway.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7754614
This model was preinstalled with gOS and OpenOffice.
The comment "Step up to the GC3502 for double the memory
and Windows Vista Basic" is interesting.

The cheapest model WalMart has in stock --
the Everex Impact GC3502 -- comes with Vista
Basic.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7754613
Neither comes/came with monitor.

TC2502: 80GB drive, 512MB/2GB max RAM, 1.5 GHz Via C7-D micro,
        VIA UniChrome Pro, integrated NIC, modem
GC3502: 80GB drive, 1GB/2GB max RAM, 1.5 GHz Via C7-D micro,
        VIA Chrome9 HC, integrated NIC, modem

No, I don't know if I want to go back to WalMart and see
what they're selling Vista Basic Edition for.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #110309238:
item * f(item *p) { if(p = NULL) return new item; else return p; }