[News] PCLinuxOS Gets a Fluxbox Derivative

  • Subject: [News] PCLinuxOS Gets a Fluxbox Derivative
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:15:25 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
PCFluxboxOS: Mini of PCLinuxOS

,----[ Quote ]
| PCFluxboxOS is a light-weight, PCLinuxOS-based distribution with Fluxbox as
| the window manager. PCFluxboxOS is a beautiful little remaster series of
| PCLinuxOS with Fluxbox as the window manager.
|
| [...]
|
| TinyFlux 1.0 Final out now!
`----

http://linuxmini.blogspot.com/2007/11/pcfluxboxos-mini-of-pclinuxos.html

Related:

ReviewLinux.Com: TinyME Packs a Big Punch

,----[ Quote ]
| TinyME Test 6 was announced today on Distrowatch.Com and we thought we would
| take a quick look at it. This little distro packs a big punch and we enjoyed
| the ride. Take a short look at our Flash Video of TinyME Linux based on the
| user friendly PCLinuxOS.
`----

http://www.reviewlinux.com/index.php?m=show&id=7082

TinyMe Test 5 released!

,----[ Quote ]
| The changes for test 5 are almost too numerous to mention. This will
| hopefully be our last test release before TinyMe Final.
`----

http://www.mypclinuxos.com/tinyme/tinyme-test-5-released/

TinyMe - The little distro that could

,----[ Quote ]
| This derivative version of PCLOS really is a tiny little gem that's slowly,
| but surely growing into a much bigger diamond.  I look forward to the
| eventual final release of this distribution in the near future.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=270

Mini Review of a Tiny PCLOS

,----[ Quote ]
| TinyMe is a scaled down version of PCLinuxOS 2007. The latest version
| is delivered as a 177 MB liveCD and features the Lightweight X11
| Desktop Enviroment, Synaptic, and the PCLinuxOS Control Center. It
| comes with a few applications, so it could be a really light version
| of PCLOS for older computers or a foundation on which to build your
| own system as you choose.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/17717

Fluxbox Window Manager Reaches v1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Fluxbox, the window manager based upon Blackbox, has reached version 1.0.0.
| Fluxbox 1.0 introduces a new default style, new alternate styles, fixed shape
| handling, added a fluxbox-remote utility, and updated languages.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjEwOQ

A weekend with fluxbox.

,----[ Quote ]
| My biggest problem with using fluxbox is not fluxbox itself. I wanted it to
| be able to save some resources for my aging computer but I still needed to
| use KDE programs. So I checked my resource usage with pure KDE and then with
| fluxbox and KDE programs. There was no difference in resource usage.
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/a-weekend-with-fluxbox-18594

Fluxbox on Gutsy, just to be different

,----[ Quote ]
| Just for giggles, I installed Fluxbox on Gutsy today ... which isn't
| really very daring, since the repositories have only been open for
| a day or two, and there?s very little in there that has changed.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2007/04/26/fluxbox-on-gutsy-just-to-be-different/

Fluxbuntu - Light weight Ubuntu-based Linux distribution featuring Fluxbox
window manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Fluxbuntu is a light-weight, standards-compliant, Ubuntu-based Linux
| distribution featuring the Fluxbox window manager.The project's primary
| goal is to develop an operating system that would run on a wide range
| of mobile devices and computers, both low-end and high-end.Recently
| since they started development on the PowerPC Architecture they also
| started development on support for the sony Playstation 3.
| Fluxbuntu now Officially supports most of the major architectures
| plaforms: i386, PowerPC, AMD 64bit & Intel 64bit and Itanium 64bit.
`----

http://www.debianadmin.com/fluxbuntu-light-weight-ubuntu-based-linux-distribution-featuring-fluxbox-window-manager.html

Screenshots:

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution=Fluxbuntu%20nBuild1%20Rev2