[News] Some More Reviews of the Latest Ubuntu and Latest Fedora Linux

  • Subject: [News] Some More Reviews of the Latest Ubuntu and Latest Fedora Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 23:14:29 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu 7.10 'Gutsy Gibbon' desktop Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 7.10 'Gutsy Gibbon' brings flash and function to the operating system,
| cementing Ubuntu's lead as the desktop Linux leader.
`----

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=1413

Review of Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon.

http://www.wolfmanzbytes.com/news/viewnews.cgi?id=EEAuklkVEpVIxdvfEg

Fedora 8 proves popular and powerful

,----[ Quote ]
| In Fedora 8, the default system comes with four new spins: Games, Developer,
| Electronic Lab and KDE, which uses the popular desktop in place of Fedora's
| default GNOME desktop interface.

Fedora 9 Roadmap!

,----[ Quote ]
| Although Fedora 8 just got released, the developers are thinking about the
| features which are going to be included in the next release, Fedora 9. There
| are no approved features yet, but the community is working on providing
| material for developers to choose from.
`----

http://tuxenclave.wordpress.com/2007/11/14/fedora-9-roadmap/

Related:

Fedora vs. Ubuntu : choose a linux distribution best suits you

,----[ Quote ]
| 8. Visual Effects. Ubuntu 7.10 offers normal compiz visual effects right
| after a fresh install. And you can choose to enable more. Fedora 8 came with
| the minimal. (And of course, in both versions, the earlier the edition, the
| less the effects.) But if you are really into this, I am sure they both don't
| offer enough and you can go to the communities to let people help you
| discover the maximal.
`----

http://paulsdigitalworld.blogspot.com/2007/11/fedora-vs-ubuntu-linux-going-in-two.html

The Linux Battle: Ubuntu vs. Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Up to this point, Ubuntu appears to be taking the lead in the open
| source operating system world with a strong backing from Dell
| Computers. Both operating systems are fully functional and have
| surprisingly strong features.
`----

http://www.romow.com/computer-blog/the-linux-battle-ubuntu-vs-fedora/

Fedora v. Ubuntu: A Performance Look

,----[ Quote ]
| In this article we have enclosed benchmarks from Fedora Core 6,
| Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft, Fedora 7 Test 2, and Ubuntu Feisty Fawn Herd
| 5. In gaming and desktop benchmarks, which of these Linux
| distributions is faster? We hope to answer that question today.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=658&num=1

It can't be easy being Fedora, overshadowed by Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| You can clearly see Fedora as king through 2004 until Ubuntu (the plucky chap
| in red) started his rise to fame. Towards Q1 of 2005 Ubuntu surpassed Fedora
| as the most searched Linux distro and it's stayed there.
`----

http://www.seopher.com/articles/it_cant_be_easy_being_fedora_overshadowed_by_ubuntu

Ubuntu vs. Red Hat on Compete.com, Hitwise, and Google Trends

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/07/ubuntu_vs_red_h.html