[News] [Rival] Microsoft an Aging Company, Dirty Play Against Google Continues

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft an Aging Company, Dirty Play Against Google Continues
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:07:09 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft’s ‘former’ board of directors

| Buzz words aside, Microsoft still hasn’t been able to shake itself from the
| torpor of having its butt kicked by Google (GOOG) in the online advertising
| world. By comparison, Google’s board includes the presidents of Princeton and
| Stanford, and the CEOs of Genentech (DNA) and Intel (INTC). Apple’s (AAPL)
| board includes the CEOs of Google, Genentech and J. Crew (JCG).
|
| Could it be that Microsoft’s board of “formers” isn’t helping matters?
`----

http://gowest.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2007/11/13/microsofts-former-board-of-directors/?source=yahoo_quote

IE7 on Vista bocks Google!

| Is this legal? Can HP bundle IE7 with the Yahoo Toolbar and block Google?
| Doesn’t this violate Net Neutrality regulations?
`----

http://cofunction.com/index.php/2007/11/13/ie7-on-vista-bocks-google/

Examples of anti-Google moves by Microsoft listed below.

Related:

Microsoft trying to derail Google/DoubleClick deal by lobbying congress

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has hired lobbying firm Patton Boggs LLC to do work on "competitive
| issues surrounding Google/DoubleClick [sic] merger."
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070816-microsoft-spends-40000-to-lobby-congress-about-googledoubleclick-merger.html

Politicians in Microsoft's Pocket

,----[ Quote ]
| Continuing on the theme of which politicians are receiving money from
| who. Here is a list of candidates who took money from MSFT.
`----

http://www.fonz.net/blog/archives/2007/06/04/politicians-in-microsofts-pocket/

Google calls for greater Windows Vista openness

,----[ Quote ]
| Seattle PI has quoted David Drummond, Google's chief legal officer,
| saying: "These remedies are a step in the right direction, but they
| should be improved further to give consumers greater access to
| alternate desktop search providers."
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/06/20/google_windows_vista_search/

Microsoft ties Windows Live services to OS in updates

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is tying its Windows Live services directly to its Windows OS.
`----

http://www.itworld.com/Comp/2218/070905mslivesvcs/index.html

Windows Live to Get First OEM Bundle

,----[ Quote ]
| The initial bundling would be for the Live homepage and Windows Live
| Toolbar, according to sources. Live search also is expected to be
| included in the deal. Other products or services could come in the
| future.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/web_services_browser/live_side.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/2jjymp

Microsoft’s Club Live fiasco

,----[ Quote ]
| People were using the macro on more than 3 games at a time, on more than 2
| accounts at a time, why Microsoft didn’t pick up on the fact that in the
| first few days some people had accumulated enough for 3 Zunes each is beyond
| us. Some were lucky, others, not so much.
|
| [...]
|
| So far no one has been banned from using their accounts, which they needed to
| sign up, probably because they did not break any laws, or probably because
| Microsoft didn’t want that hassle and liked their new found traffic.
`----

http://www.blogthe.net/2007/07/16/microsofts-club-live-fiasco/

FUD:

Google Only Ahead Of Microsoft In Search: Ballmer

,----[ Quote ]
| Live Spaces: nice tie in with the MSN chat platform, but still a poor cousin
| to Blogger as a blogging platform.
|
| Video: did someone say YouTube?
|
| The list could go on and on and on and on…. but I’ll stop there. Certainly
| Google hasn’t dominated every market it has taken on, but to say that Google
| runs second to Microsoft online in everything but search says a lot more
| about Steve Ballmer than it being a true reflection on today’s online
| marketplace.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/11/08/google-only-ahead-of-microsoft-in-search-ballmer/

Google's Android just a press release, says Ballmer

,----[ Quoteb ]
| Google's plans to enter the mobile industry with a cell phone platform might
| have impressed many in the industry but not Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft
| and one of Google's biggest competitors.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/110807-googles-android-just-a-press.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Google reads your email, shocker - Steve Ballmer claims

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/10/08/google-reads-email-shokka