Re: [News] [Humour] Linux Software 'Pulls a Vista' on the MBR

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 14 November 2007 07:32 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 13 November 2007 19:33 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>                                                            ^e
>>>>

>>> In spite of what many people say, I cannot believe that they do this for
>>> free.  Nobody could be that stupid.
>>
>> Another possibility is that their role in the ecosystem (family
>> member/business relationship) makes this a matter of securing one's own
>> pocket.
>>

> Which comes back to the beginning - they make economic gain of some kind
> from it.

Shillcosystem (on a national and personal level).

"Microsoft has clearly entered a phase of self destructive behavior
that began with the "tissue paper campaign" in 1995. This report will
document this campaign for the first time."

[...]

"As with all pyramid schemes, it is important to get as close to tier
1 as possible. From a practical standpoint, usually only tiers 1 and 2
will derive significant long-term economic rewards from such schemes."

http://reactor-core.org/microsoft-pyramid.html

"Sadly, many of these brilliant people have been blinded by the stock
price and unable to see that Microsoft is also the key architect of
the greatest financial pyramid scheme this century.

It is not uncommon for participants in pyramid schemes to lose their
emotional bearings. My close friends who work at Microsoft are
particularly upset over my work and it is possible that even Bill
Gates and Steve Ballmer do not realize the implications of their
financial practices."

http://www.billparish.com/msftfraudfacts.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: Windows XP with bling-bling, nothing else