Re: [News] Proprietary Software Rejected for Supercomputing, GNU/Linux Chosen

> Supercomputer is another feather in Tatas` cap
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | We did not want to be termed as using propriety technology such as Solaris or
> | others, hence we went for Linux, which is something that is available in the
> | public domain.
> `----
>
> http://www.business-standard.com/iceworld/storypage.php?leftnm=lmnu9&subLeft=3&autono=304236&tab=r

   CATCH ME IF YOU CAN

   # Fourth most powerful supercomputer in the world
   # Most powerful supercomputer in Asia
   # World's first to be built and owned using corporate funding
   # Built in a record time of six weeks
   # 1,794 blades with dual-core Intel zeon processors
   # Total memory is 28 terabytes
   # Storage of 80 terabytes with 5.2 GB per second throughput
   # Floor area -- 4,000 sq ft

That's some hobbyist system they got there.

--
Tux rox!