[News] Video of Android in Action (GNU/Linux+OpenGL Coolness)

  • Subject: [News] Video of Android in Action (GNU/Linux+OpenGL Coolness)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 04:06:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Google Android dev kit exposes Apple-inspired roots

,----[ Quote ]
| The release to developers of Google's Linux-based Android operating system
| for mobile phones reveals that the prototype software shares at least a few
| aspects in common with interfaces from the company's Bay Area neighbor,
| Apple.
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/11/12/google_android_dev_kit_exposes_apple_inspired_roots.html

Amazing! They spent hundreds of millions on R&D and it shows. Apple's iPhone
should be shy.

Related:

Google spending hundreds of millions on mobile

,----[ Quote ]
| Anian, a Reuters company that tracks industry trends for institutional
| investors, reported last month that Google had engaged Taiwan's High Tech
| Computer Corpto design a Linux
| software-based phone for launch in the first quarter of 2008.
`----

http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/articleinvesting.aspx?type=media&storyID=nN02242073

HTC to make first Android handset

,----[ Quote ]
| Taiwanese mobile-handset manufacturer HTC announced Tuesday that it will
| release its first Android-powered device into the European market in the
| second half of 2008.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/communications/0,39044192,62034201,00.htm

Linux Sees 'Astronomic' Growth in Mobile Devices

,----[ Quote ]