Re: [OT] Biggest BSOD of All time?

____/ Paul Cooke on Monday 12 November 2007 19:52 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ ml2mst on Saturday 10 November 2007 19:48 : \____

>>> Uh, pigs (Micros~1) in space?

>>> Bwah ha ha ha :-)
>>>
>>> If I'm not misinformed NASA uses and even supports GNU/Linux. Thank
>>> goodness.
>>>
>>> Just imagine what could happen if one of the main computers in the space
>>> shuttle crashes into such a BSoD... The Horror!
>>>
>>> I' m wondering if the Windows fanboys ever thought about the
>>> consequences.
>>
>> No, no... it's the hardware's fault. Mr. Data needs to get the latest GPU
>> driver (binary blob) for that touch-sensitive display.
>>

> and then he has to re-validate...

Maybe not. Remember that he's /inside/ the Mother Ship. It's telepathic. ;-)

Err...

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070825-windows-genuine-advantage-suffers-worldwide-outage-problems-galore.html

Shields up!!

Windows Genuine Advantage's newest setting: "you might be a pirate"

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows Genuine Advantage is an anti-piracy tool loathed by many,
| tolerated by some, and even appreciated by others. How you feel
| about it may depend in part on whether or not you've been caught
| in its snares: the "authentic software" validation tool is known
| to have falsely identified thousands of "pirated" Vista installs.

Another case of false positive in WGA [Picture]

,----[ Quote ]
| This is what happens when you spend 399$ for a full Windows Vista
| Ultimate. I'm contacting Microsoft today.
`----

http://flickr.com/photos/neasteflorin/513358043/

Windows Vista running in reduced functionality mode

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://content.zdnet.com/2346-12554_22-56027-1.html

>>> :-(
>>>
>>> Cheers

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"
Tasks: 133 total,   1 running, 132 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie