[News] Linux Veteran Loves Fedora 8, New User Also

  • Subject: [News] Linux Veteran Loves Fedora 8, New User Also
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:02:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Review of Fedora 8 (by Simon G. Hildenbrand)

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, I truly believe that Fedora 8 is by far the best Fedora release to
| date (and I've tried every one of them). From the look and feel of the
| system, to the out-of-the-box configuration during installation, I couldn't
| be happier with a cutting edge release.
|
| As I mentioned before, the biggest aspects of a successful distribution for
| me are suspend/hibernate, correct screen resolution and the the ability to
| change the screen resolution in a GUI if it didn't configure it correctly the
| first time, system stability, and overall look and feel of a distribution.
| For me, Fedora 8 has excelled in all categories when I evaluate and review a
| system and I hope that Fedora continues to release versions that are put
| together as good as Fedora 8 has been.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20071112#review

Fedora/Linux for Noobs

,----[ Quote ]
| The desktop in Fedora 7 (Gnome) is very pleasing to look at. With clean lines
| and soft colors it has a Mac-like appeal with the taskbars of Windows. You
| can easily add items to the taskbars (panels), move them around, make them
| transparent, and even remove them if wanted. Icons are clear and resizable so
| you’re not stuck with dinky XP icons. I have modified my desktop somewhat for
| productivity. One of the beauties of Linux is the degree of customization
| available to make your workspace the way you want it.
`----

http://blog.coffeedaze.com/?p=66

Related:

Red Hat's Fedora 8 hope: An all-purpose Linux foundation

,----[ Quote ]
| The ability to "re-spin" Fedora is attracting some interest. Among the
| Fedora-based variations that will be available are one for gaming, one for
| designing microprocessors, and one for programmers.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9813113-39.html

An old hat with new tricks: Fedora 8 officially released

,----[ Quote ]
| I've been experimenting with Fedora 8 test 3, and I like what I see. This is
| a nice release with a pretty sweet assortment of features that you won't find
| anywhere else. Fedora still manages to differentiate itself and rise above
| many other contenders by delivering early access to new technologies.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071108-an-old-hat-with-new-tricks-fedora-8-officially-released.html

A peek at Red Hat's Fedora 8 Linux [Screenshots tour]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.news.com/2300-1016_3-6217482-1.html