Re: Fedora 8 Conquers People's Desktops and Laptops

On 2007-11-11, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> They are supposed to bring a RHEL-quality desktop product later this month,
> according to report. They already have deals with large OEMs that will have
> that product preinstalled. Red Hat probably keeps quiet about it on purpose.

I recently read this in another forum:

    They really ought to learn from Red Hat's model, but that said, Red
    Hat has, at some stage, made deliberate errors to earn money from
    support.

If that's true, and Red Hat has deliberately released buggy software to
earn support money, is RHEL-quality something to strive for?  (I suspect
that the comment is wrong, and Red Hat has never purposefully released
bad software to earn support money, but if that's what people are
saying, then comparing something to RHEL-quality might not be good).