Re: [News] 'Father of UNIX' Goes Open Source, Grid OS Revealed

http://www.kirps.com/web/main/_blog/all/mit-releases-the-sources-of-multics-the-father-of-unix.shtml

>> I have no idea what I'm going to do with this... but I grabbed all I can.
>> :')
>
> "Unfortunately you can't install this on any PC, as MULTICS requires
> dedicated hardware, and there's no operational computer system today that
> could run this OS."
>
> I bet it doesn't take long for the emulator to appear. :)

I found some really nice nuggets though...moo.pl1, trek.pl1, gmoku.pl1 and
my favorite cookie.pl1.

Neat stuff... I'm looking at porting this stuff to bash or python, if it
hasn't been done already.

Cheers.

--

Jerry McBride (jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx)