(for your enjoyment) Fortune Flatfish

  • Subject: (for your enjoyment) Fortune Flatfish
  • From: Ben Miller-Jacobson <bmillerjacobson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:35:26 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
I don't know whether this will come across as funny or just stupid, so if legitimate, non-troll posters consider it stupid or in bad taste, I would like to apologize in advance.

Early this morning, I wrote a file for the "fortune" program that will allow it to print random flatfish nyms from the list on the cola trolls blog. The best uses I have found so far include as part of a sig (see below) or as part of a shell script used as the action when you click on an instance of the fish applet named flatfish(It's like having your very own pet troll!). Please tell me what you think.

To install it (assuming you already have fortune, as you probably do), just copy the two files linked to below into whatever folder fortune uses (for me, it /usr/share/games/fortune).

http://www.mediafire.com/?ccjfj1rm2mj

http://www.mediafire.com/?bentzylynet

To run it, just type "fortune flatfish" into the terminal.

If it doesn't work, make a link to the file called "flatfish" in the same folder, and rename the link to "flatfish.u8"

Have fun!

--

Random Flatfish Nym:
bones4jones