Re: [News] [Rival] Greenpeace Slaps Microsoft Over Toxic Chemicals

____/ [H]omer on Thursday 29 November 2007 07:18 : \____

>> Greenpeace: Vista could trigger a deluge of electronic waste

Make that binary waste. It takes some ops to format the HDD and install
something usable like BSD, Linux, or even OpenSolaris and that teletubby thing
with IE, Solitaire and fragmentation utilities for FAT.

> I don't think Siân Berry has much to worry about, given Vista's
> rather lacklustre uptake.

They used to mention Vista every other month. No word for a long time. It
figures. The same goes for the BadVista blog.

The Intel-Dell-MS oligopoly/treo can be weakened by competition (Freedom)
Mem:    515500k total,   212276k used,   303224k free,     5668k buffers