Re: [News] ASUSTek Argues It Now Complies with the GPL, Announces Eee PC Linux SDK

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 28 November 2007 22:35 : \____

>> ASUSTek is committed to meet the requirements of the GNU General
>> Public License
>
> Ostensibly, they do now seem to provide /all/ the sources. Whether or
> not these are the /corresponding/ sources for all the code, is a matter
> for investigation.
>
> Direct links:
>
> http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/701/Lan_Driver_Source_071127.rar
> http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/701/Hsfmodem_Source_071127.rar
> http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/701/ASUS_ACPI_071126.rar
> http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/701/Xandros_busybox_source_071127.rar
> http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/701/Linux_Kernel_071127.rar
> http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/701/Uvcvideo_Source_071127.rar
> http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/701/EeePC701_071012.zip
>
> Why on earth have they used the proprietary RAR archiver for these?
>
> Bizarre.
>
> Anyway, the first six files are new, AFAICT, and presumably brings ASUS
> into compliance. Like I said, I'd need to check.

Watch the second comment in Slashdot. It's very funny. ASUSTek pulling a
publicity stunt by teasing the GPL...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Mandriva & Fedora - Gotta love them girls
Swap:  1510068k total,   661936k used,   848132k free,    65740k cached