[News] Faceoffs: Ubuntu-Kubuntu, SUSE-Red Hat

  • Subject: [News] Faceoffs: Ubuntu-Kubuntu, SUSE-Red Hat
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:39:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu vs. Kubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu and Kubuntu may share the same guts, but the presentation is vastly
| different. I haven’t decided yet if I’ll bother downloading KDE at all, but
| the Kubuntu guys have some work to do if they want to compete with Canonical,
| especially in package management.
`----

http://www.mikeoliveri.com/2007/11/27/ubuntu-vs-kubuntu/

Red Hat, Novell issue back-to-back announcements

,----[ Quote ]
| In the past 24 hours, the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) beta became
| available through Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) service. While RHEL
| has been available in limited beta for a few weeks, this public beta
| announcement came on the heels of Novell’s launch of SUSE Linux Enterprise
| Real Time 10, its latest enterprise OS offering.
`----

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/11/27/red-hat-novell-issue-back-to-back-announcements/

Related:

Gnome vs KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| It appears this old argument is flaring up again. On Linux.com there
| was an article discussing some recent posts on the Linux Foundation's
| Desktop Architects mailing list: Christian Schaller suggested Linus
| Torvalds should try using Gnome for a month and then report back
| on his experiences at the forthcoming GAUDEC conference in the UK.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/trying_kde

New Desktop Face-Off: Gnome 2.20 vs KDE 3.5

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2007/10/25/gnome--kde-face-off.html