[News] Google, Microsoft Want Your Voice

  • Subject: [News] Google, Microsoft Want Your Voice
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 05:12:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Google, Microsoft building speech data banks

,----[ Quote ]
| When Google Inc. blanketed parts of the country with advertising for its free
| 411 directory service earlier this year, many saw it just as an example of
| the typically ambitious company offering yet another new product.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/google-microsoft-want-hear-you/story.aspx?guid=%7BBEDAA810%2DE973%2D431E%2D8FD7%2D798DB8E00EE7%7D&siteid=yhoof

Watch the Microsoft patents below and feel queasy.

Related:

In Microsoft Patent App, TV Watches You

,----[ Quote ]
| In a just-published patent application for delivering Advertising that is
| relevant to a person, nine Microsoft inventors spell out plans for using
| cameras, remote controls and biometric sensors...
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20070730/162255.shtml

Advertising that is relevant to a person - classic case of patent trolling

,----[ Quote ]
| Patent application Advertising that is relevant to a person just filed by
| Microsoft is a splendid example of patent abuse or patent trolling.
`----

http://www.ventureitch.com/?p=372

Microsoft patents the mother of all adware systems

,----[ Quote ]
| The adware framework would leave almost no data untouched in its quest to
| sell you stuff. It would inspect "user document files, user e-mail files,
| user music files, downloaded podcasts, computer settings, computer status
| messages (e.g., a low memory status or low printer ink)," and more. How could
| we have been so blind as to not see the marketing value in computer status
| messages?
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070717-microsoft-patents-the-mother-of-all-adware-systems.html

Microsoft patents Tivo for commercial breaks

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itwire.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7946&Itemid=1063