[News] Linux as a "Perfect Contender" Against Other, Proprietary Operating Systems

  • Subject: [News] Linux as a "Perfect Contender" Against Other, Proprietary Operating Systems
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 04:45:12 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[Just to be fair to the open side of Novell...]

openSuSE 10.3 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

,----[ Quote ]
| openSuSE’s 10.3 was released on 4th October 2007, 10 months after openSuSE
| 10.2. I’ve been using SuSE since its version 10 and its getting better and
| better. I think its the only OS that is so professional in its approach and
| that is a perfect contender from the Community driven GNU/Linux OS projects
| against the desktop OS’s like Windows and the OS X variants (yup I include
| the latest Vista and Leopard).
`----

http://rohitjoshi.wordpress.com/2007/11/24/opensuse-103-rocks/

People of openSUSE: Klaas Freitag

,----[ Quote ]
| The ‘People of openSUSE’ team had the pleasure to interview Klaas Freitag - a
| Novell employee working as an architect in the department responsible for the
| Build Service, and an active KDE contributor being a KDE e.V. board member.
`----

http://news.opensuse.org/?p=516

Related:

Battle of the Titans: Mandriva 2008 vs openSUSE 10.3

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall Winner
|
| In our little just-for-fun comparison, we the judges find that Mandriva wins
| by 4 categories to 2. But to the original question the answer would be to go
| buy the Mandriva Power Pack or try PCLOS or ALT Linux in which advanced power
| saving feature do work out of the box. Also, YMMV.
|
| However, don't forget that both openSUSE and Mandriva are both nice distros.
| This little article is highly subjective and you may not agree. That's okay.
| I love them both.
|
| Winner: Mandriva 2008.0
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/21155