[News] [Rival] The MSBBC Requires a Overhaul, Says Expert

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] The MSBBC Requires a Overhaul, Says Expert
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:18:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Save the BBC - by setting it free

,----[ Quote ]
| That would leave the public with one remaining problem: ensuring that the
| government really does then allocate the funds - raised in a way that
| genuinely provides a legacy for selling something so precious to so many -
| wisely.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/23/luke_gibbs_bbc/

Related:

Save the BBC from Windows DRM!

,----[ Quote ]
| Clearly, shutting out 25% of your audience sits ill with the BBC's
| remit of serving all of its users...
|
| There is no denying that this is an extremely difficult area for
| the BBC, since it must negotiate not one but three minefields -
| those of technology standards, copyright and contract law. But
| there are still things that it could do without turning into a
| global advertisement for Microsoft's flawed DRM approach.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000183

Free the BBC

,----[ Quote ]
| We are deeply concerned about the BBC's use of "Digital Rights
| Management" (DRM) to manage content delivered to users over the
| Internet. There are dozens of arguments against DRM, however we
| believe these are the most important and relevant to the BBC.
`----

http://www.freethebbc.info/node/5

Confused BBC tech chief: Only 600 Linux users visit our website

| Ooops. Highfield goes on to say that these users should be seen in the
| context of the vast majority, who run Windows.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/02/highfield_bbc_linux_website_users_bafflement/

Beeb slammed for 'fawning' to Bill Gates

,----[ Quote ]