Re: Another Enlightenment-based Ubuntu Derivative

Verily I say unto thee, that Darth Chaos spake thusly:

> Here's my review of gOS:
>
> http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=266827065&blogID=329607881&Mytoken=23021C97-CE20-4F10-9E5D10451B8D577343643546

Interesting.

It's good to see companies embracing alternative desktops too (like
Enlightenment), instead of always sticking with the rather predictable
Gnome/KDE choice. Personally I'd have gone with XFCE, but E17 has some
nice bling available, if desired. As such, I've never really considered
it a "lightweight" alternative, but rather just an "alternative" that
wasn't unnecessarily bloated. That's my "glass half full" way of looking
at it, anyway.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
 13:34:14 up 12 days, 10:27,  2 users,  load average: 4.75, 4.78, 4.83