Re: [News] [Rival] Another Class Action Suits Against Microsoft for Its Shoddy Products

> ____/ [H]omer on Friday 23 November 2007 09:12 : \____

>>> Microsoft, Bungie face Halo 3 class action
>>
>> This kid has gone through *5* Halo 3 discs so far, all b0rked:
>>
>> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PgmOQGgbtAM
>>

> You know, _at the time_ (about a day after the debut), Microsoft
> actually bragged and made a PR stunt (to its credit) because it said
> it would replace scratched Halo 3 CDs for free. Why on earth should
> so many be scratched in the first place?

If you watch the above video all the way through, you'll hear the kid
say "I cleaned the disc with a soft cloth ... but there was nothing
really to clean". The Xbox 360 /does/ damage its discs [1], but in this
case there's something else going on. Maybe mastering errors, or maybe
something worse (software bugs). Then again, it could be related to
overheating issues, which are another known Xbox 360 failure. With so
many problems, it's hard to know /where/ to start.

> Microsoft knew it had experienced some serious issue and it tried to
> turn a blunder into a 'feeeeeeeeeature'.

Some feature.
40 quid down the toilet. Plus another 200 or 300 for the machine.

Reference:

[1] http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQYkaXv8RU

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
 11:04:31 up 11 days,  7:58,  1 user,  load average: 0.56, 0.72, 0.54