Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Excel Dumped by Large British Charity

Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> UK children's charity says goodbye to Excel
[...]

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/06/22/microsoft_mar_ditches_office/

> That is fscking disgusting!
> All charities should get together and ban micoshaft products and
> stick with open source.

But then look at how the likes of Microsoft and Intel /view/ charities
(e.g. OLPC) as just another market opportunity to exploit. Obviously
these corporations are having some difficulty understanding the word
"charity", since they seem to think these people are "customers", whilst
these impoverished "customers" no doubt regard Microsoft with revulsion,
as do I, and an increasingly large proportion of the mainstream public.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.22.9-91.fc7
 12:32:26 up 9 days,  9:25,  3 users,  load average: 1.60, 1.61, 1.43