[News] Ultra-Free Linux and Ultra-Microsoft Linux Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Ultra-Free Linux and Ultra-Microsoft Linux Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:59:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Just A Glance At BLAG

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, BLAG's greatest feature is its emphasis on freedom. Freedom is
| important to me. And I suspect it's important to a lot more people. Minor
| glitches aside, we'll have to keep an eye on this one and see how it fares
| among users. I have very little idea just how popular it really is, but in
| DistroWatch's list, it's currently #79 - just a little behind Dyne:bolic
| (#75).
`----

http://blue-gnu.biz/content/just_glance_blag

Catching up with the times: openSUSE 10.3

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, a very pleasant experience. Definitely distro of the year.
| Hopefully I'll be doing a lot more KDE4 hacking now -- instead of having to
| compile all of SVN I'll use the RPMs that the SUSE guys are generating weekly
| over at the buildservice.
`----

http://paulgiannaros.blogspot.com/2007/11/catching-up-with-times-opensuse-103.html

Related:

BLAG updates its Fedora-based distro

,----[ Quote ]
| The BLAG project released an updated version of BLAG Linux, build 50002,
| last weekend. The single-CD, install-only distribution is based on
| Fedora Core 5, and sports a 2.6.17 kernel and a GNOME desktop.

Review: BLAG 60001 - Linux Without Boundaries?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.habibbijan.com/2007/05/12/review-blag-60001-linux-without-boundaries/